Keg Washer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Keg Washer

Does anyone have a schematic for a brewery-made keg washer? I've already constructed one but I'm not too happy with it. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Glacier Brewing Company
    406-883-2595
    info@glacierbrewing.com

"who said what now?"

I don't have a schematic, per se...

I've worked with a bunch of different keg cleaners, from a one-keg-at-a-time setup in a three-hole sink, to fairly complicated computer-operated units, and the best washer I ever used cleaned six kegs at a time, using only the operators brain as a control!

It had a thirty-gallon tank with a built-in heater for the caustic solution. It didn't have a sanitizer, but the caustic was hot enough to provide thermal sanitizing.

It had a manifold that fed off the pump into individual lines to the kegs, and another manifold parallel that took the outflow from the kegs (which were upside down in two rows of three) back to the tank. There were valves that shut off the flow from the pump and opened the rinse water flow, and also shut off flow to the caustic and opened up flow to the drain.

So, you had a three cycle system:
    1. rinse (until the outflow looked fairly clean)
    2. clean (until the kegs got so hot you couldn't touch them)
    3. rinse (until the outflow was "sweet")

Worked great! No electronics! If you want, I could try to diagram it for you.

Probably didn't actually answer your question, though...

Cheers, Tim

Comment

Keg Washer Schematic

Hi Tim,
      I would appreciate it if you could email me the schematic for your keg washer. Email to info@glacierbrewing.com
      Thanks
      Glacier Brewing Company
      406-883-2595
      info@glacierbrewing.com

"who said what now?"

Comment

I'll see what I can do...

I'll draw it out as a diagram, and scan it sometime this week and email it to you!

Cheers, Tim

Comment

Working...
        X