Butterfly Valve seats

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Butterfly Valve seats

After almost 6 months of looking I cannot find the seals for some of my butterfly valves , the dimensions of the seats are OD-50mm, ID-35mm, width-19mm. anyone have a clue who might make such a seat?

Fred Colby
    Laughing Dog Brewing

From my experience you really have to go with the manufacturer. Not all valve seals are the same. They have different angled sides, ridges, and flares. I have had no luck getting any replacements from Thomsen in Kenosha, they are "restructuring" is the only answer I get. Definox has been a bit better in that they will supply me with the name of a local dealer. The first of which I called and they had no clue who Definox or Defontaine were. The next time I called I asked for a list dealers.
    Joel Halbleib
    Partner / Zymurgist
    Hive and Barrel Meadery
    6302 Old La Grange Rd
    Crestwood, KY
    www.hiveandbarrel.com

Comment

Valve Seats

unfortunatly we do not know the make of the valves they are part of a PUB system and of course PUB is no luck, oh wait i can find out for $3000 and know all about my system or so they say.

Fred

Comment

Well you could try and post some close up picks of the valve and seal on here and see if anyone might recognize the brand.
        Joel Halbleib
        Partner / Zymurgist
        Hive and Barrel Meadery
        6302 Old La Grange Rd
        Crestwood, KY
        www.hiveandbarrel.com

Comment

Here are some pictures in case someone has seen this valve before

thanks
          Fred
          Attached Files

Comment

Try Robert-James Sales, Inc. I have a seven barrel pub system. I have 1 1/2 in definox valves on my manifold and recently replaced them all. They are dealers for definox. The valves themselves are pretty expensive, but after replacing them they should last for a while. their number is 703.333.2200 in chicago. website is www.rjsales.com
            Tim Butler

Empire Brewing Co.
            Syracuse, NY

Comment

They kinda look like the import valves that some manufacturers used in the 90's. I have seen this valve on Bohemian and some Pub systems.
              Valve seat=Hens teeth. You may have to replace them.

Comment

We have two of those in the brewery. I have not had to replace the seals in them yet. Ours are both 1.5". The Definox valves we have are older (ten years) but have different seals then those pictured. The sides angle in towards the flow hole. They do not step down. But what you have is a fairly standard type and you may be able to fit several different companies seals in it.
                Joel Halbleib
                Partner / Zymurgist
                Hive and Barrel Meadery
                6302 Old La Grange Rd
                Crestwood, KY
                www.hiveandbarrel.com

Comment

Fred,
                  Any luck on sourcing these valve seats yet? I've got a BUNCH of those valves here, and have a few leakers I'd like to put back into service.

Cheers,
                  Scott

Comment

As a matter of fact I have a way to make them, we buy the a certain valve seat from St Pats and take it to my local machine shop they built a custom die that they freeze the silicone in with Liquid Nitrogen, then machine it to spec! it works like a charm

we can make them for about 20 dollars each

Fred

Comment

These look like the same valves we have on our Bohemian System. I had a lot of leaky seals and could not find replacements. A local fabricater said he could make them for us, so after a few trial runs they were able to make them work. I have only replaced 2 so far but have bought enough to replace all of them on our Bohemian.
                      Here is the Quote I got:

The fabricator is K.C. Seals Inc., 4510-50th Avenue, S.E., Calgary, AB, T2B 3R4. Telephone (403) 531-2690 and ask for Shawn. The price quoted to me on Jan 28 was:
                      2" seal, fabrication cost $46.66 plus G.S.T.
                      1.5" seal, fabrication cost $30.73 plus G.S.T.

Hope this helps
                      Dave Neilly
                      Production Manager
                      Wild Rose Brewery

Comment

valve seats

I am having the same trouble finding valve seats for my butterflys on a Pub System. Does anyone recognize these and a have source for them?

Thanks
                        Attached Files
                        Ted Rice
                        Marble Brewery
                        111 Marble Ave NW
                        Albuquerque, NM 87102

Comment

Valve seats Sinmag type valves

Roger at Lodi beer company has an in to manufacture these valve seats they work great he sent me a prototype and they are cheaper than i can make them.

any one interested let us know and we can start production you can contact either myself or Roger but we will need firm commitment to get this going

Laughing Dog

Comment

Hi Fred,
                            I'd like to try one out here - and if it fits, buy about 30.

Let me know.
                            Cheers,
                            S

Comment

Hey leaky butterfly valve owners,
                              Just an unsolicited bit of testimony here - the sample valve seat I got from Roger at Lodi Beer (for the same valve type that Fred has) works PERFECTLY, and at less than $20 a piece, it sure beats the cost of replacing 30-40 leaky valves with new ones!

I've just put in a big order for mine, and am so relieved to have a cost effective solution in hand.

Cheers,
                              Scott

Edit: 10/29/08 - Over 25 new valve seats installed and all performing beautifully in their first week of brewing. These are for the BLACK HANDLED valves in the original post. Move ahead one space.
                              Last edited by Sir Brewsalot; 12-05-2009, 08:04 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X