Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Recycling..what to do with pallet wrap and grain bags??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recycling..what to do with pallet wrap and grain bags??

We've made every attempt to reuse, reduce and recycle...
    but are stumped with what to do with the plastic wrap that gets wound around grain pallets...and the grain bags themselves.

Any suggestions?
    Anyone reusing or recycling this stuff??

Grain Bags

A local farmer takes our grain bags to bag his sweet corn and other vegetables. If we have any left over we use as garbage bags in the brewery and brew pub offices.

Comment

Plastic malt bags can go to river or park cleanup crews. They have to buy bags to throw away, and were very happy to save money and get more durable ones, too.

Comment

I recycle my stretch wrap with other plastics... I was skeptical if it's recyclability, but was told it was okay.

Grain Bags: I wait until I get a whole bunch, then put up a post of CraigsList.org, and they're usually gone in a week. Must be some sort of underground sack-race community here that I never knew about.
        Cheers,
        Scott

Comment

Originally posted by Sir Brewsalot
          I recycle my stretch wrap with other plastics... I was skeptical if it's recyclability, but was told it was okay.

Grain Bags: I wait until I get a whole bunch, then put up a post of CraigsList.org, and they're usually gone in a week. Must be some sort of underground sack-race community here that I never knew about.
          Cheers,
          Scott
          hows this one then, I have heard that the old bags make their way onto the asian market where they are repackaged with substandard grain then resold as the genuine thing, but I did hear this from a friend of a friend, if you know what I mean. but great idea to use them as rubbish bags, first thing monday morning Gage Roads is going green, well you got to start somewhere right.

Cheers

Brett

Comment

Working...
          X