fermentis wb 06

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fermentis wb 06

Has anyone tryed this new yeast by fermentis and have any comments on the end results....

I'm also interested if anyone else has used this strain as we're contemplating changing our weizen yeast.

All i can get from my supplier is that WB06 is a weizen yeast - not very insightful!

Comment

pitching today

Am preparing it today. Will let you know how it goes.

Comment

Cool mate, looking forward to your results!

Comment

I switched to it a few months back. I must say I am very pleased with it. Very consistent. I usually ferm. at 71F. be sure that you can let is sit at 35F for a least 4 days, a week is preferred or you will have a very milky hefe.

Comment

Danstar Munich

Another option to consider is the new Danstar Munich Wheat Beer yeast. You can learn more about this yeast at :

Whether you are a startup, a global leader in beer production or anywhere in between, we have something for you. At Lallemand Brewing, we brew with you.

Cheers!

Comment

Hey Guys,

I'd be glad to hear any thoughts on these two dried yeast strains as I am looking for an emergency back up to my live weizen strain.

I am currently propping up from WLP300 tubes and really like the level of banana and flocculation (or lack of) I am getting with this yeast - I typically ferment it at 17C.

Does anyone know whether or not either of the dry strains are the same source as WLP300?

Cheers,

Jeff
              Jeff Rosenmeier (Rosie)
              Chairman of the Beer
              Lovibonds Brewery Ltd
              Henley-on-Thames, Englandshire
              W: www.lovibonds.com
              F: LovibondsBrewery
              T: @Lovibonds

Comment

I have found that they offer similar characteristics but the temps that throw those flavors during ferm and a little different. I use the wb-06 regularly and love it.

Comment

I use WB-06 regularly and I notice more clove than banana. However, all the desired flavors and aromas come through. I ferment at 68F. I agree with Buckley, very milky hefe indeed. I am not sure of the source of the yeast. I get a nice level of attenuation with this strain, always somewhere between 73 and 76%.
                  Tom Knight
                  Nashoba Valley Brewery

Comment

It does "clear" up to being a nice cloudy hefe but it really needs that week at 35F, otherwise you will be blowing yeast out of your server for the next week =) It is a little more clove heavy than the WLP300 which I like. The banana does come thru well but is definitely more or spicey character.

Comment

What about repitching

how do sucessive generations look/ smell/ taste? We use the S-04 for most of our production and can safely take it 5-6 generations. The current liquid Hefe yeast i only take 3. is this wb-06 able to go the distance?
                      Nicholas Campbell

Comment

I have only used it to a second generation. The second seemed to offer more banana than the previous. I should try going with further generations but with its cost being $40 a 8bbl pitchable....

Comment

We are planning to make a Hefe and were thinking of using Wyeast 3068 or the 3638. Does anyone know how the Fermentis wb06 compares to these two strains as far as flavor production goes? Clove Banana
                          Danny McGovern
                          Brewer
                          Monhegan Brewing Co.
                          Monhegan Island, ME. USA

Comment

I'm brewing with the WB-06 on Monday. So far two people have mentioned fermenting at 68 and 71 degrees respectively, with lots of clove and a bit of banana. Has anyone tried some other temps? I'm thinking about going a little cooler, which I'd expect will tone down the esters a bit, but I thought I'd go fishing for some info first
                            Hutch Kugeman
                            Head Brewer
                            Brooklyn Brewery at the Culinary Institute of America
                            Hyde Park, NY

Comment

another brewer close to is tarting to use it as well. He goes more in the 66-68 range. I have noticed that his have a little more banana than mine. I think they recently released it in the homebrew size. Could always employ the services of a trusted homebrewer =) or pull wort from a batch you are already making to play with.

Comment

Working...
                              X