brewery library?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• brewery library?

Top ten books for a craft brewery library?

Slainte
    Dave

The Beer Bible

I don't know about the others, but EVERY brewery should have Ray Daniels "Designing Great Beers". Even though most of the statistics are derived from home-brew compititions, there is some invaluable information in that book when it comes to recipe formulations. Noonan's "Brewing Lager Beer" would be my second choice.
    Cheers!
    Dave
    Dave Fougeron
    Southern Star Brewing
    Conroe,Texas

Comment

All the books from www.asbcnet.org

Tom

Comment

Brewing by Lewis and Young
        MBAA Practical handbook for the specialty brewer, vols. 1-3
        Any of the classic beer styles series you plan to brew
        Brewery Yeast Management guide from Wyeast
        Paul Thomas
        Brewer
        Sockeye Brewing
        www.sockeyebrew.com

Comment

A Textbook of Brewing, Jean De Clerck

Comment

Brewing: Science & Practice by Briggs, Boulton, Brooks, and Stevens.
            Pretty expensive, very detailed academic text.

Comment

I second the de Clerck book. I would choose it over any other if I had one choice. See archived thread on this subject.

Comment

These are the ones I reference the most:
                Technology of malting & Brewing Science - Kunze
                Brewing - Lewis & Young
                Classic Beer Styles Series - AHA (A bunch o' books)
                Brewing Lager Beer - Noonan

I never really found the declerk book useful, but that's just me. I think what you find useful depends a lot on the size of your brewery and what genre the book skews to.

I picked up the Beer Packaging book a few years back when someone here was clearing out their library - but I've never had to open it. The breweries I've worked for have just been too small to relate. That said, I've opened the Kunze book many times over.

Comment

I'll second the MBAA's practical Handbook series. Every brewer should have a set. On a less practical note the last book that I would part with is my copy of "the American Handy-Book of the Brewing, Malting and Auxiliary Trades" by Wahl and Henius from the turn of the last century.

Chris Alltmont

Comment

Thank you Moonlight. It seems de Clerck has been overlooked alot in recent years, sadly...

I have to add, as funny as it sounds, Papazian's NCJOHB. I have never worked in a brewery that didn't have one... and a ragged-out copy at that!

Comment

Radical Brewing by Randy Mosher is full of great ideas-even though it's aimed at home brewers.

Comment

Working...
                      X