No announcement yet.

Welcome to P.B., now go home

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Home brewers are my bread and butter. nuff said.
    Mark Duchow
    Brew Master
    Short Fuse Brewing Co.
    Chicagoland
    "The best beer is FREE beer"

Comment

Dang, I was a pro brewer for six years, but haven't brewed ANY beer (except a few batches of homebrew with a friend who wanted to learn) since 1998. Guess I have to keep my head down!

Cheers, Tim

Comment

Amen brothaman! (east indies accent)
        Nicholas Campbell

Comment

Wow ! This is awesome. I'd like to ask admin to reconsider the ousting of posting homebrewer's, They are people like me and you that have a place in this industry as future brewer's or brewery owners. I vote we Out'st David for being a Dumb Ass. There I said it. My Name Is Mike Hall And I am a former HOME BREWER turned profesional.
          Mike Hall

Comment

Well now...

As a homebrewer turned probrewer turned homebrewer turned probrewer again I think this is one of the most entertaining threads I've seen in my few years on this website.
            If Mr. McKenna knows 5% I'd say i know 2.5% about brewing and I'm still learning from homebrewers and probrewers alike. The only disappointment on this thread is the silence of the original poster in the face of opposition. If you're gonna post something controversial you should be ready to stand your ground

Comment

I agree with Mike Hall. Admin should reconsider deleting posts from homebrewers. I realize this site was created specifically for professionals, but homebrewers' posts seem few and far between and it seems that most of the responses to them either redirect them to another source or offer very short bits of advice. Either way, homebrewers' threads really don't go on very long. Unlike this one. It would also appear, considering the responses on this thread, that homebrewers' posts really don't bother anyone besides a very select few.

And might I make a few suggestions to everyone? Think before you write. Don't post angry. Don't drink and post. I've certainly been guilty in the past of not following this advice, but I've calmed down and come to know the benefit of temperance. Think of all the trouble and embarassment Mr. Meyers would have saved himself if he simply re-read and edited his post or just waited another day.

On the other hand, threads like this break up the monotony of bottling problems, new brewery start-up questions and the Great Hop Panic of 2007. Rock on.
              Mike Hiller, Head Brewer
              Strangeways Brewing
              2277-A Dabney Road
              Richmond, VA 23230
              804-303-4336
              www.strangewaysbrewing.com

Comment

love thy brewer!!!

I am also against the idea of deleting home brewers posts. On the other hand there are always going to be egocentric members like the original poster that will not stand for it. could we maybe have a new section to post in for home brewers to ask questions and for those of us that remember what it is like to be a home brewer to be able to check. Who knows maybe even help them out a little??? Hell, I have been pro. brewing for almost 4 years now(not a long time I know) and I still break out the home brew system or hang out with local club members to try different things out.

Comment

Yes this thread is SO very entertaining! I just have to give my 2 cents. I can't express how helpful the probrewer community has been for my little soda company.

That's right, we don't even brew beer! I often feel like some of the pros reading these posts may be annoyed by my questions... but as at least one person on this thread has mentioned before - they don't have to read every post!

We make soda from scratch - no flavorings, and we use all the same equipment as the pro-brewers use (and much of the stuff the homebrewers use - because that's how we started too). For this reason, I feel it's much more relative to discuss our issues on probrewer than talking with just about any other soda business.

So - thanks again everyone at probrewer for all the advice and never-ending entertaining posts.

Comment

OK folks, here’s the deal. It’s pretty straight forward and pretty common sense. Sorry I wasn’t more clear on my first post.

This site is for professional brewers. Any post, of any kind, that it not relevant to professional brewing is pulled. Whether it is personal or mean spirited, not related to beer and brewing or a subject posted that is specific only to homebrewing. If a homebrewer posts a discussion that is relevant to professional brewing, I don’t care who posted it; it stays.

It really has nothing to do with who posted the discussion, it is the subject of the discussion that matters.

If someone posts a question about how to ferment in a closet using carboys, it gets pulled. I don’t look at who posted it – just the content of the post.

Thanks for your understanding, thanks for using the site – and as always, everyone is welcome as long as the posts fit the requirements.

Cheers, Admin

Comment

Working...
                    X