Thread: Timeline for label approval?

Question Timeline for label approval?

We are about to submit our fist label for approval. What turnaround time is everyone seeing? I have heard they have an online one where you can upload the label, anyone tried it?
    COAST Brewing Company
    SC Brewer's Association

COLAS online is the only way to go the old way could take months this takes days and if you have a problem you can fix it and have it back to them in hours not days

Laughging Dog

Yep, the dog speaks the truth. SPEAK!
    Sorry, COLAs online seems to take only about 1.5 to 3 weeks depending upon how many revisions you need to do. It's well worth the effort.

Dave

Geting your password

It takes a few weeks to get your password so you can actually use the online system. They have to call you and verify its you. Then its way faster, I think the ttb website actually tells you the average turn around time as well.

I've gotten replies in as little as 48 hours. The longest wait was for the paperwork to register for COLAS online. The brand registration I needed from the state(Florida) took all of their alloted 6 weeks!
    By the way...if you have to submitt a statement of process, that's another story. They seem to be in no big hurry to approve those.

Bob Sylvester
    Saint Somewhere Brewing

Wink Label Approval

Quote Originally Posted by Coast
    We are about to submit our fist label for approval. What turnaround time is everyone seeing? I have heard they have an online one where you can upload the label, anyone tried it?
    Best Way is with Government Liaison Servive, Inc. in Arlington, VA. Takes only 3 to 5 days.

Talking

I submited a label last month for a holiday ale and got my approval within 4 days! COLAS online is the way to go....