How many hops

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How many hops

How many different varieties of hops do you use in your brewery on a regular basis? I was using previously keeping 5 on hand, but with my new start-up project and the shortage I am thinking of sticking to just a couple. Any input would be great.
    Thanks.
    Adam
    HSBC
    Adam Moore
    HotSpringsBrewingCo

I keep five on hand at the brewery. Magnum, Hersbrucker, Fuggles, EKG, and Glacier. With these five I am able to brew a wide range of ales and lagers. Using a couple would be fine, just make sure one is a high alpha if you can manage it.
    Tom Knight
    Nashoba Valley Brewery

Comment

hops variety

Can anybody suggest anybody who has for sale hops other than Columbus?

Comment

where can i get my hands on some columbus? i am in dire need of some!

Comment

Columbus trade

I can trade you all Columbus I got (about 160 lbs) for Cascade, Cluster, Liberty and possibly other variety. I would sale the Columbus I have, but I am still hoping for a trade. Will consider only 2007 crop, T-90. Let me know ASAP.
          Last edited by Mach2; 12-19-2007, 02:00 PM. Reason: miss spelling

Comment

sorry, i don't have any hops to trade with... would consider purchasing though...

Comment

I'll bite and help put this thread back on track- we stock 7 hop varieties. Nugget and Chinook, Amarillo and Centennial, Fuggles and Goldings, and Mt. Hood. I feel like I can do pretty much any American or European styles with this selection.
              Paul Thomas
              Brewer
              Sockeye Brewing
              www.sockeyebrew.com

Comment

Working...
              X