What's going on?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's going on?

I seem to remember someone posting a thread on here about a week ago about some hops they might be able to supply. I'm looking for it but can't seem to find it. Am I nuts? Maybe I just had a dream about it last night and it seems real, I don't know...

Hopdo

His username is/was "hopdo". He's a seller of Polish hops. A search of the site shows his posts have been removed, but there is still a remnant (including his email address) as a quote in another post. Just do a search for hopdo.

Comment

Thanks. Any reason why he was removed? Should I be wary about potentially doing any sort of business with him?

Comment

Ok, the more I think about this the more I get the feeling in the back of my mind that something isn't right.

A guy comes on the forum and advertises that he has hops to sell. Now all his posts are gone. Why?

I'm probably in the same boat as many other brewers and am looking for sources of hops. If the guy is a shady businessman and should be classified in the same group of people that call you and tell you you've won a free cruise of the carribbean - you just have to get to Florida and, oh yeah, give us your banking information and we'll arrange that for you pronto - then I think the site administration should give some sort of reasoning as to the deletion of almost all reference to the individual. If nothing else than a generic warning of some sort. I remember seeing the posts last week and am considering getting in touch with the guy but now I'm wondering if I should.

If the guy isn't a shady businessman then why delete the posts? Isn't this a public discussion forum? References to other malt suppliers than Cargill aren't deleted from the malt discussion forum.

Comment

I used to get hops and Co2 hop extracts from him in St. Louis. He is a very nice guy, and to the best of my knowledge has never been a "shady" businessman. I know he has had problems with his hops shipments getting held up for weeks/months at a time in customs.

No idea why he was deleted though. He never offered me a free cruise, but he gave me some free samples of his hops.
          Jeff Byrne

Comment

nugget hops

Does any one have a source for whole leaf enlgish nugget hops?
            Thanks Adrian

Comment

Maybe he deleted them himself- could be sold out already?
              Paul Thomas
              Brewer
              Sockeye Brewing
              www.sockeyebrew.com

Comment

ProBrewer has a policy that suppliers to the industry must pay a minimal advertising rate to post and advertise their products on the Classifieds. We do this for two reason; one because it keeps the Classifieds uncluttered and free of unscrupulous vendors. This is very important to maintain the functionality and value of the Classified Ads. Secondly, we charge this humble rate to help defer costs here at ProBrewer. We are able to provide this site solely because of the sponsors that advertise on this site (big thanks to all of them!).

Brewers are free to post on the Classifieds for free.

The user that is mentioned in this post was not willing to pay the minimal advertising rate to sell hops here.

I am considering putting up a new section dedicated to trading, buying and selling hops here at ProBrewer. We’ll let you know if/when that happens.

Thanks for using ProBrewer!

Admin

Comment

Working...
                X