Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• brewery info spreadsheet

Hello,
    I am wondering if anyone has ever created a basic exel spreadsheet for brewery operations. What I am looking for is a spreadsheet that has the following ballpark items:

sheet 1: malt inventory and price per bag/pound
    sheet 2: hop inventory and price per ounce/pound
    sheet 3:apx brewery overhead...rent, power,water,natural gas, etc etc etc
    sheet 4: personnel with hourly wages/apx avg wages for salaried people
    sheet 5: total cost per barrel ingredients
    sheet 6: apx man hours per operation
    sheet 7: sub-total of items 1-6 regarding specific type of beer brewed.

IE: beer 1 takes $1200.00 per 30 barrel run (sub-total)
    beer 2 takes 1158.00 per 30 barrel run (sub-total)

projected annual total beer 1 (based on 2400 bbl / year demand) $2880000.00
    projected annual total beer 2 (based on 2000 bbl / year demand) $2316000.00

If there is a software suite available that covers all brewey ops or a shareware program that can help, I'd really appreciate any info

Can anyone guide a lowly assistant brewer on his quest?

Thanks in advance
    Dave
    David Scarborough
    Brewer at large
    East coast USA

This info would be helpful to me as well.....is there anybody out there?
    Tim Butler

Empire Brewing Co.
    Syracuse, NY

Comment

Is there anyone out there now?

Comment

That sounds like a pretty complicated spreedsheet. I am not completely proficient with excel but i have been working on one to that i eventually hope will link my brewlogs and a sheet i have put together for excise, state, and quarterly taxes. The sheet i have now breaks down the BBL's produced, and how much i owe for all three taxes, and how much each of barley, wheat, oats, rye, and hops i use on each production.

Once i get this sheet down i will begin to try to link it to all of my brewlogs to avoid redundant entries and calculations. We use a database program shared between stores to link inventory, cogs, etc. so i fortunately will not have to deal with that headache.

I would suggest just building your own, every brewery/business is different and one size does not fit all. People factor, and don't factor, many different things into their cogs. Start simple and just build onto it as you feel comfortable with what you have. Just make sure to save your old versions of each sheet as you add on or you could end up with one broken formula that could blow everything all to hell.

"Just nod if you can hear me"
        Jeff Byrne

Comment

is there anyone home...
          Cheers & I'm out!
          David R. Pierce
          NABC & Bank Street Brewhouse
          POB 343
          New Albany, IN 47151

Comment

I'm working on one of my own, ranging from grain costs, hop costs (constantly updating that one), labor , ATF etc etc. Its definately a challenge to find time to do this, in addition to brewing, new company website and so on. I think there should be 40 hours in a day, then maybe I could get it done.

Jephro, if you're willing to share your spreadhsheet (as an example) I would appreciate a copy. It might reshape my learning curve.

DS
            David Scarborough
            Brewer at large
            East coast USA

Comment

Contact me.
              Lance Jergensen
              775-324-1038
              or lancejergensen@gmail.com
              We crunched our #'s in the weeks leading up to our purchase of a brewing system, and.....well.....sales figures did not meet expectations.
              Good luck

Comment

The spreadsheet would be very helpful to us as we're on planning stage to open a microbrewery. If anyone has it, could you email it.

Thanks
                Last edited by sumach; 04-08-2008, 12:36 PM.

Comment

Anyone have any luck with this spreadsheet? I would be interested in taking a look. I am at matthias.morel [at] gmail.com.

Thanks!

Comment

I know this is old but please email tyson at bangorbeerco.com if you have one. At least for a guideline

Originally posted by BeerMe24 View Post
                    Anyone have any luck with this spreadsheet? I would be interested in taking a look. I am at matthias.morel [at] gmail.com.

Thanks!

Comment

Thank you for sharing great information it would be helpful to me.

Comment

Working...
                      X