Microstar kegs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Microstar kegs

I am looking for pro's and cons of switching to Microstar. We are looking at potentially doing this due to the following reasons:

Ability to send beer out of state with no keg return issues
    free up capital that is tied up on cooperage

Are there any other reasons you guys and gals can think of and anything that would be a serious detractor to this switch?

Mike
    Mike Pensinger
    General Manager/Brewmaster
    Parkway Brewing Company
    Salem, VA

I can not believe no one has had good or bad experiences with this....

Mike
    Mike Pensinger
    Parkway Brewing Company
    Salem, VA

Comment

The plus, I found with Microstar, is the ready availability of kegs when you order them (with enough notice). One of the big minus is the kegs arrive at your door dirty, sometimes still full of product from the last brewery. I was always afraid that some of these full kegs could contain a horrible contaminant that my brewery would now have. Also, the length of contract and minimum number of kegs per order was VERY unattractive.
      my two cents.....
      Dave
      Glacier Brewing Company
      406-883-2595
      info@glacierbrewing.com

"who said what now?"

Comment

Cool, Thanks for the input! Anyone else?
        Mike Pensinger
        Parkway Brewing Company
        Salem, VA

Comment

Prior to switching to microstar we were experiencing huge losses in number of kegs and we were having issues with many of our distributors returning our kegs in a timely manner. I have had to adjust prices to accommodate microstar usage and have had very little resistance from distributors. The only recommendations that I would have are that you invest in a kegger than uses steam to sanitize. I believe this is a good idea for all kegs, but with microstar it is mandatory. It would seem that everyone these days seems to believe that it is a good idea to purposely place a living organism inside their kegs. Secondly, you will need to be exceptionally organized. The organizational skills of microstar are poor and they always seem to error on their behalf (I guess I can't blame them). As a result, we document everything in duplicate and I get signatures/shipper information from everyone who either drops off or picks up kegs. It takes five minutes longer to fill our orders, but the end of the month reconciliations go much smoother. Overall, I am happy with them and I would recommend them.
          Drink the beer, destiny of the land.

Comment

Working...
          X