No announcement yet.

Jacketed Fermenters 1 to 3 BBL reviews?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jacketed Fermenters 1 to 3 BBL reviews?

I'm looking for reviews of Jacketed Fermenters in the 1 to 3 BBL range. What have you used? What did you like or not like? Which of these would you recommend based on your experience? Who has good customer support?

And bonus question: Who should I talk to in getting a good glycol system set up for a system that could range from six 1 BBLs to a combo of 1/2/3 BBLs to three 3 BBLs?

The main suppliers I've found are:

Glacier Tanks

Psycho Brew

SS BrewTech (1 BBL)

Brewers Hardware

Stout Tanks
    *No link b/c a lot of their stuff has to be quoted
    Wages Brewing Company
    West Plains, Missouri
    The Middle of Nowhere Never Tasted So Good!

Colorado Brewing offers a 2 barrel for a nice price. And they are rated for 30 psi so they are really Unitanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I am also in the build stage of a nano brewery, 2 BBL, I am going with the Nano Brewer Dual by Colorado Brewing Systems, http://www.cobrewingsystems.com/coll...brewing-system and between their tanks of Glacier, six FV and 1 BT. I am going with Advantage for my glycol system http://www.advantageengineering.com/...ol-bc1.5a.php? This unit can handle just over 9,300 BTU cooling is just a tick over $5K Best of luck to ya.

Comment

Originally posted by WAORGANY View Post
        I am also in the build stage of a nano brewery, 2 BBL, I am going with the Nano Brewer Dual by Colorado Brewing Systems, http://www.cobrewingsystems.com/coll...brewing-system and between their tanks of Glacier, six FV and 1 BT. I am going with Advantage for my glycol system http://www.advantageengineering.com/...ol-bc1.5a.php? This unit can handle just over 9,300 BTU cooling is just a tick over $5K Best of luck to ya.

Good to know! Please post a follow-up once you've gotten to use these pieces of equipment.

Incidentally, I ordered the Ruby Street Alpha 1 BBL with electric PID system for a brewhouse upgrade and at this time, and two SS Brewtech 1 BBL fermenters with stainless coil for glycol. I haven't received the Ruby Street yet (8 week build time) and I haven't hooked up glycol to the fermenters yet, so I can't provide feedback, but they are beautiful (compared to the plastic I'm currently using). Hope to have them up and running within a few weeks.
        Wages Brewing Company
        West Plains, Missouri

Comment

Originally posted by WAORGANY View Post
          Just discovered CBS through this post. Thanks!!! Have you received and put to work any of your equipment yet? Just spent about an hour on their web site and emailed for a quote and delivery time estimate. This almost looks too good to be true. Built in the US, competitive, to downright unreal pricing. Would love to hear from anyone who is using this company's equipment.

Comment

Originally posted by HBW_David View Post
            Just discovered CBS through this post. Thanks!!! Have you received and put to work any of your equipment yet? Just spent about an hour on their web site and emailed for a quote and delivery time estimate. This almost looks too good to be true. Built in the US, competitive, to downright unreal pricing. Would love to hear from anyone who is using this company's equipment.
            Just so you are aware, their fermentors are manufactured in China not the US. We bought a 2BBL and ended up returning it. Rust, pitting, porous welds, pinholes, grind marks, incomplete threads... you name it it had it. We wasted a lot of time correcting issues before finding a horribly sugared weld near the dump port that was the deal killer. Tim seems nice and did refund us including shipping. We ended up purchasing a 3BBL from Brewers Hardware (also Chinese manufactured but much higher quality) and couldn't be happier. We payed more, but it was well worth it in the long run.
            Cheers,
            Thomas

Comment

Originally posted by whistlehop View Post
              Just so you are aware, their fermentors are manufactured in China not the US. We bought a 2BBL and ended up returning it. Rust, pitting, porous welds, pinholes, grind marks, incomplete threads... you name it it had it. We wasted a lot of time correcting issues before finding a horribly sugared weld near the dump port that was the deal killer. Tim seems nice and did refund us including shipping. We ended up purchasing a 3BBL from Brewers Hardware (also Chinese manufactured but much higher quality) and couldn't be happier. We payed more, but it was well worth it in the long run.
              Cheers,
              Thomas
              Thanks for your reply. Yes, we do realize that the fermenters are not made by CBS and come from China. We also bought a 2BBL unjacketed. So far so good, so maybe we got lucky, or maybe they have impressed upon their manufacturer to up their game. I guess no way to know for sure.

But as I stated in the original question, I'm really hoping to get some feedback on the brew house systems. We're getting really close to pulling the trigger on one of the Dual systems.

Comment

Update?

Originally posted by HBW_David View Post
                Thanks for your reply. Yes, we do realize that the fermenters are not made by CBS and come from China. We also bought a 2BBL unjacketed. So far so good, so maybe we got lucky, or maybe they have impressed upon their manufacturer to up their game. I guess no way to know for sure.

But as I stated in the original question, I'm really hoping to get some feedback on the brew house systems. We're getting really close to pulling the trigger on one of the Dual systems.
                Just wondering if you moved forward? I had a land owner issue with my lease and had to have my SBA Funding pulled back while I search for a new location...still trying to figure that out. Thanks for providing an update, hope all is well with your start up, thanks.

Comment

We got a Ruby Street Alpha (1 BBL) brewhouse. We're really happy with it and their customer service.

For fermenters, we've been using SS BrewTech 1 BBL (non-jacketed but with a coil for glycol). We've had some trouble crash cooling them, but I think that's more related to our glycol system than the fermenters.

We're currently using a used, Nordic line-chiller for chilling three 1 BBL SS BrewTechs.

It's all working better than plastic Speidels with ambient temp fermentation.

Now looking for a 3 BBL brite tank for more consistent carbonating.
                  Wages Brewing Company
                  West Plains, Missouri

Comment

Originally posted by whistlehop View Post
                    Cheers,
                    Thomas
                    They recently switched to making all of their equipment here in the USA no longer sourcing Chinese FVs or BTs! I just put in a purchase offer on a property and will soon be moving forward with the brewery build Cheers!

Comment

Working...
                    X