Using partial malt bags

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Using partial malt bags

For those in small brewpubs like me, what do you do when you brew a non-standard recipe and use part of a bag of malt? I have several partial bags of malt which are good now but will probably get stale before I use them.

Depends on the malt. Darker kilned malts I don't really worry about. They don't seem to slack as easily. For the other lighter malts I have used 5 gal buckets and those handy kitchen containers on wheel (usually has flour or sugar in them) with good results. If you are really worried you can try to sell/give small amounts to local homebrewers to play with just to keep it from going to waste.

Comment

Brew a specialty beer-I just cleaned out the mill room with a single hop ale; used Ahtanum hops, and leftover Munich, C-40L, and flaked corn.
      Paul Thomas
      Brewer
      Sockeye Brewing
      www.sockeyebrew.com

Comment

We brew a beer at the end of the year and just throw all the partial bags in the mill. We also use all the left over hops. Never know what you get but it seems to always turn out great. It has become a big favorite of our customers.

Comment

partial malt bags

I try to get in an "open bag" ale right before inventory, interesting beer and an easy bag count at the end of the quarter.

Comment

Winter Warmer!!!!

I put them all in with Special B......Winter Warmer!
            Its like my mom used to have a "Mustgo night" when I was a kid...everything in the fridge must go!

Cheers,

GOOSE

Comment

Donate to a homebrew club!

Comment

Working...
              X