Co2 censors?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Co2 censors?

Does anyone know were I can find a C02 sensor ? The only thing I can find cost way to much. I need this asap for L&I and any help would be great. Thanks so much

The Pig

Hello,

Here in Sweden there is a Company http://www.senseair.se, which build co2 sensors to control ventilation systems, alarms,. I bought a sensor for about 600 $ which starts the ventilation at 1 % and starts an alarm at 2 % concentration co2. It is adujstable with a PC connection. I have istalled it just above the floor in the fermenting room.

Cheers

Bjorn Falkestrom

Comment

We had a CO2 monitor installed by Sierra Airgas for our walk in. Is this what you are looking for or are you looking for some type of hand held instrument??

Comment

For what it is worth, here in the UK, we have an 8 hour TLV (tolerance level value) of 0.5%. In other words, you are OK to work in air with a value of up to 0.5% CO2 for 8 hours (plus), but this reduces dramatically with any increase. If I remember correctly, at 1.0 % CO2 the TLV is down to something like 10 or 30 minutes. At those levels you can actually tell you are in high CO2, especially if physically working hard. These levels should be monitored at low level, say 50 cm above floor height, as CO2 is heavier than air.

I speak from experience having worked at a brewery where 3 people died a few years ago (before my time there) due to CO2 in manually cleaned FVs - some of the guys working there were involved in the incident, and still shook when talking about it some 15 years after.

If you are using nitrogen you should get a sensor that checks for low oxygen level (<19%) as well as high CO2

Cheers
        dick

Comment

Working...
        X