2008 hop and brew school

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2008 hop and brew school

Is anyone aware of or attending a HopUnion course this summer? A brewer friend of mine doesn't think that one is being offered. We scrutinized one of their brewery calenders and no class was listed.
    thx
    matt g

I just talked to HopUnion and I was informed that indeed there is a Hop and Brew school happening this summer, two actually
    The dates for the two day course are:
    Aug 26th and 27th
    and
    Aug 28th and 29th

matt g
    Last edited by SRB; 04-07-2008, 12:52 PM.

Comment

Well that's just 2.5 hours from me, i may have to attend. Do you have any other details, contact name, email, cool campgrounds, rivers to paddle etc??
      Jeff Byrne

Comment

If I were traveling from the Puget Sound I would take the Chinook scenic byway, up the White river over the 410 pass and follow the Naches river to Yakima. There should be no lack of river action and camping along the way.
        Im sure HW 12 would be quicker.

As for camping near the hop operation Im unsure. I'll have my 88 'westy ready to pop where ever I wont piss someone off!
        I called H.U. 1-800-952-4873 number and was able to get my name on a list. It sounded like I was a tad ahead of the curve as there were no more details to be had for a couple months.

matt g.

Comment

Hop and Brew School Hopunion

Hello All,

Will have two schools again this year. The dates are August 26-27 and 28-29. Dont have all the speakers lined up yet as I seem to be busy trying to buy hops and no free time, but sure we will get some good people and will be a learning experience. Will start taking registrations after the Craft Conference or aound the 21st of this month. The person in charge of registrations here will be Joanne Scully 1800-952-4873.

By the way I have freed up a few hops and are selling this week. Brewers who need a box or two should call. Been lucky and keep buying a few hops which in turn keeps the brewing world going.

See some of you at the upcoming Craft Brewing conference in San Diego. For those interested, we will have a hop panel consisting of myself, Thomas Raiser from Germany and two hop growers from the US. They would be Darren Gamache and Michael Roy.

Cheers,

Ralph Olson
          Hopunion LLC
          Ralph Olson

Comment

Just a note for others that may be reading this post and haven't yet attended Hop Union's Hops & Brew School.

We have been twice. It's a fabulous event: speakers and tours are very informative, the "hopsitality" (ie. food, beer, fun, & comraderie) provided by HU is awesome! IMHO, It's the most bang for $100 you will ever get.

Comment

Working...
            X