Noryl filter plates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Noryl filter plates

I have never heard of Noryl until a couple of recent discussions. Would someone please enlighten me -

What exactly is Noryl ?
    Who makes the filters ?
    What sort of industry do these manufacturers normally make equipment for, e.g. pharmaceutical, wine ?
    What else in the brewery (if anything) is / can be made from this material ?

Any web site contacts would also be appreciated. I am not looking to purchase, but just interested - you never know when this sort of info will come in handy.

Cheers
    dick

OK. lets modify that request a little. I have found out to some extent what it is, and looked at the Spadoni web site - spectacularly useless when it comes to giving out any sort of details.

So anything else would still be appreciated.

Thanks
    dick

Comment

Noryl

Hi,

Noryl is basically a very dense and heat resistant plastic. Check out this web site, www.boedeker.com/noryl_p.htm. I think you'll find all the technical info you would need there.

Spadoni used to offer Noryl plates and gaskets as an option on its plate filters as I'm sure most manufacturers do by now. I first came across it when I was between brewing jobs and was working for a Canadian brewery/ winery equipment manyfacturer, 8 years ago. I believe that you can get plates of the same material on Della Toffola filters as well.

The best attribute of Noryl is its temperature resistance (220F), which is great if you prefer sanitizing with heat. It's also great in high pressure, hydraulic closing, plate filters in both the wine and beer business. Food prosessors that filter liquids at high temperatures (maple syrup) to lower viscosity use this type of product as well. Noryl gaskets also work well on racking arms of fermenters.

Hope this helps,

Mike

Comment

Thanks for the info. I will look at the website a little later.

Cheers
        dick

Comment

I would like to comment that Noryl plates maybe rated to handle temperatures of 220F but prolonged use at this temperature will definitely warp them. I know from experience!! Replacement Noryl plates are not real cheap, at least for a Carlson 40x40 cm plate and frame. Hope this helps--M.J.
          Mike Jordan
          Brewmaster
          Boxing Cat Brewery
          Shanghai, P.R. China
          michael@boxingcatbrewery.com

Comment

Working...
          X