Cartridge filter information needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cartridge filter information needed

We have three cartridge-type filters gathering dust in our brewery. I've never used them or seen them used. I've always assumed that they were once used for sterile filtration prior to bottling but with the right cartridges could they be used for primary filtration as well? I'd also like to know where we could buy cartridges and how much we could sell the filter housings for. If anyone can point me to a good source of information about these I'd appreciate it. I know that the largest one is a Cuno Zeta Plus, the smaller two are Millipore but that's about all I know. I've attached a photo of the largest two filters.

Thanks,
    Joe
    Attached Files

I'd be interested in buying these from you. Please contact me.
    207-856-1537
    Kai Adams
    Sebago Brewing Company
    www.sebagobrewing.com

Comment

Flexible

Cartridge filters are fairly flexible depending on the cartridge type you use, that said, they are used mostly for polish or sterile filtering. We have put ours to use from time to time to polish a batch that the filter may have slipped up on.

The cartridges are not intended for primary filtration. Unlike a DE filter, they won't be blinded, they will just clog. That can cause some potentially dangerous pressure issues, as well as require a breakdown and cleaning.

The cartridges are not cheap, but if you have them, they are handy.

Comment

Working...
      X