Draft faucets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Draft faucets

I am looking to replace all my draft faucets and would like to hear any reccomendations. I am interested in some of the newer designs that claim to stay cleaner and pour better. Anyone have any experience with any faucets other than the standard type?
    Big Willey
    "You are what you is." FZ

Stainless One.

This is the best. Good yeild, stay clean faucet. They are expensive but your yeilds will cover the cost. stainlessone.com

Prost!!

Todd
    Last edited by Todd; 10-21-2003, 03:50 PM.
    Todd Malloy
    Director of Brewing
    Glenwood Canyon Brewing Co.
    Glenwood Springs, Colorado

Comment

I came across another company Vent-matic that has what looks like a nice stainless stay clean faucet. Its about 30$ a pop. I found stainlessone but am having a difficult time actually getting to talk to someone about the faucets. Can you tell me if their faucets attatch to standard tower shanks or are they unique to their tower design?
      Big Willey

Comment

After reading about the Vent-matic taps, I talked to a local draught supplier and he hooked me up with a sample Perlick tap with the same design.

The "tap forward design" keeps everything out of contact with the beer after it has been poured. Nice & Clean! However, I found that without turning anything up or fiddling with my system at all, the beer in question, a light lager, poured with fish eye sized bubbles in the head. It usually pours quite a tight white head with my conventional taps.

So, the bartenders hated it, because the head dissapated so quickly - compared to the usual lacing & nice head we get from the cheap taps.

Practical observations,
        Dave

Comment

Yes the stainless one product does connect to a standard shank or tower attachment! I hope this is the one you choose.

Cheers

Todd
          Todd Malloy
          Director of Brewing
          Glenwood Canyon Brewing Co.
          Glenwood Springs, Colorado

Comment

Thanks for the input. I called the ventmatic people and had an extremely informative hour long conversation with one of the owners. He did tell me that the Perlick faucet is not the same thing though they tried to copy the ventmatic design. He is sending me a sample faucet and as soon as I get it up and running I'll let you know how it works. They also manfuacture an innovative choking mechanism for your draft lines that sounds worth checking out if your looking to install or upgrade your system. If It doesn't perform well I will try the stainless one faucet. Thanks again.
            Big Willey

Comment

Go Ventmatic

My brewpub has 7 bars, 9 tap tower, and 72 faucets
              serving beer. We recently switched to all ventmatic
              faucets after several trials with:

brass old style
              ss old style
              Stainless one
              Perlick seat forward
              Ventmatic seat forward

You wouldn't believe the difference the ventmatics made..
              and they are 1/3 the price of the Stainless One faucet which
              is very hard to get really clean.

drop me a line if your want more info...don't give your money
              to those idea stealing robber barons at Perlick. Ventmatic
              rocks

Larry
              ljhorwitz@yahoo.com
              Larry Horwitz

Comment

Faucets

Larry,
                Big Willey

Comment

Larry,
                  Sorry about my horribly foreshortened post. I have beem using the sample ventmatic faucet and I really like it. I will be converting to all ventmatics soon. They are a great deal compared to stainless one and If you call Brad at Ventmatic he will talk to for as long as you want, where try as I might Stainless One never had a real person I could talk to and after leaving messages I never recieved a return call. The ventmatic is a great design and one cool feature is that the tap handles are freely rotating so you can always position your taps correctly. I have'nt had problems poring a good head either like the one poster mentioned with the perlick knock off. (Don't buy a perlick version as they stole a patented idea.)
                  Big Willey

Comment

Working...
                  X