No announcement yet.

Aspiring Brewers Looking For A Venue!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aspiring Brewers Looking For A Venue!!

My two partners and I run a bar/restaurant in south central Pennslyvania. The restaurant won "best new restaurant" in 2007. The bar features a full service liquor capability and eleven beers on tap, most of which are micro/craft beer variety. My partners and I want to take the next step and brew beer on our premises. Trouble is, we are not BREWERS. As a result we are looking for experienced brewers looking for a place to brew their quality grog. ATTENTION ALL BREWERS LOOKING FOR A PLACE TO BREW BEER - MAKE CONTACT WITH ME BY EMALING ME AT rabuc@hotmail.com OR PHONING 717-243-4789 AND IF WE ARE NOT IN, LEAVE A MESSAGE AND YOUR CONTACT INFORMATION. WE CAN’T WAIT TO HEAR FROM YOU.

Originally posted by rabuc
    snip ... My partners and I want to take the next step and brew beer on our premises. Trouble is, we are not BREWERS. As a result we are looking for experienced brewers looking for a place to brew their quality grog. ... snip
    Hi, 'rabuc'. I'm new here but thought I'd respond since I'm trying to help gather information for my son to possibly do about the same thing -- expand from a restaurant/bar into a brewpub.

It seems to me that getting a brewer on board would be only one of many serious considerations. Unless you expect the brewer to bring his/her own brewing equipment, equipment would seem to me to be a major factor. But since you don't have experience brewing, I suppose making contact with a brewer first is the best approach because s/he can inform you of what would be needed. If you've received advice from a brewer, I'd be very interested to know how you plan to proceed, such as:
    1. whether you'll include lagers or just make ales;
    2. the capacity and type of equipment you've decided upon;
    3. how many square feet your brewing and storage areas will occupy;
    4. how you will dispose of your spent grains (I've been wondering whether a good garbage disposal is okay, since all I've ever done is dump my grains in my compost pile -- something my son won't have available).

Any other insights or comments that you'd care to share will be appreciated.

My son and his partner already have a large and highly successful restaurant/bar (actually, it's more like a night club with three bars inside, pool tables, a dance floor, stage for bands and karoake, etc., and several nice lounge areas); I think their capacity is about 500 people. Because they are already making a mint and haven't really wanted to sacrifice room to install a brewery there, we never gave the idea too much thought. But now they are opening another restaurant/bar in a different town, and it has more room for a possible brewery operation, so they are very serious about exploring a brewpub option.

Cheers.

Bill Velek

Comment

Working...
    X