Raspberry puree sources?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Raspberry puree sources?

Just got the pleasant news that Oregon Fruit Products is sold out of their aseptically packaged red raspberry puree until August. Is anyone aware of alternative sources?

I probably won't go the extract route, but might be able to work with another puree like blackberry or boysenberry. In any case it'll be ugly at our restaurants; our raspberry wheat drinkers are rabid.
    Clarke Pelz
    Cynosure Brewing

You might try their Marionberry

I brewed a batch of mead with marionberries one time. I called it Crack Pipe Mead after ex-DC Mayor Marion Barry. Sold like hot cakes...
    Cheers & I'm out!
    David R. Pierce
    NABC & Bank Street Brewhouse
    POB 343
    New Albany, IN 47151

Comment

Thanks Dave.

I'll look into that...may not have been the berries selling the mead though!
      Clarke Pelz
      Cynosure Brewing

Comment

One source Barry Ripkin (Honestly, that's really his name) call312) 654-8674
        This is 100% Raspberry concentrate 68 brix, great stuff. $$$ 108.00/gal must buy 5 gallons free shipping.

Comment

I second the juice concentrate from Barry. You won't go back to puree after using this.
          Scott Isham
          Harper's Brewpub

Comment

I've never used that concentrate before. How much do you use per barrel?
            Troy Robinson
            Quirk Brewing
            Walla Walla

Comment

I use 7.5 gallons in a 15bbl batch of 12.5 degree wheat beer. It's leaves a very raspberryish flavor.
              Scott Isham
              Harper's Brewpub

Comment

Wild

I don't know if they can supply the amounts that you seek, but the Wild Group is a top-notch firm in Germany and they are located in the States in Kentucky.

Rudolf Wild GmbH & Co. KG. WILD, also known as ADM WILD Europe GmbH & Co, developed into a leading producer of natural ingredients for the food and beverage industry.

Comment

Scott-

Is your yield on a 15bbl batch 15 bbl.?

Thanks.
                  Clarke Pelz
                  Cynosure Brewing

Comment

If you mean, do I put 15bbls in the serving tank, then yes. The great thing about this stuff is you can put you beer in a couple of growlers and add an 1/2 ounce of concentrate in one, 1 ounce in another and so on, what ever you want. When you've found the flavor you want, it's simply doing the math to scale it up to what ever you want. I'm sure if you call Barry he will send out a sample so you can experiment.
                    Last edited by scott isham; 06-25-2008, 03:21 PM.
                    Scott Isham
                    Harper's Brewpub

Comment

And I just need you to know that Scott's Raspberry ale contributes significantly to the down fall of our finest co-eds in our state. It's really very good!
                      Last edited by jjs; 06-27-2008, 01:56 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by jjs
                        And I just need you to know that Scott's Raspberry ale contributes significantly to the down fall of our finest co-eds in our state. It's really very good!
                        In Kentucky, we call that LPR.
                        Cheers & I'm out!
                        David R. Pierce
                        POB 343
                        New Albany, IN 47151

Comment

LPR? Is that special in KY or do we do that here? Have i ever done it?

Comment

Liquid Panty Remover
                            Cheers & I'm out!
                            David R. Pierce
                            POB 343
                            New Albany, IN 47151

Comment

On the subject of raspberries, our bartenders often sell a shot of raspberry vodka with beer (either lager, or at present also with my seasonal wheat beer). What I like about that is that the mixing can be done at the bar, leaving a pure Rheinheitsgebot beer still in the dispensing tank. I have to admit I've never tried a straight up raspberry weizen.

Comment

Working...
                              X