Cleaning Materials

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cleaning Materials

I am curious to peoples ideas of cleaning materials! For CIP purposes of cleaning very soiled HE's and fitlers?

I am currently working on cleaning up a closing brewery, upon tearing the He apart I have found Black mold and hop resign! Opened a supposedly clean and closed Fermenter to only find a tri-clamp gasket with Black spores!

Heavy duty causitics? Followup Acid? and Santizers!

How long do you run each?

Thanks for any and all help in this matter would be great!

Coonla

I assume the brewery is say 25 hl brewlength or less. Personally I don't think anything can beat carefully applied elbow grease under these circumstances. Having cleaned up a couple of horrendously dirty bits of kit in my time, generally I would go for hot formulated caustic if CIPing, say 2 % at 60, 65 C max, assuming teh plant is of stainless or copper, but still find it hard to beat a one off manual crean with nyon bristle brush or green scotchbrite (scrubbies ?) or some mixture of both, to get in all the nooks and crannies around gaskets. Then follow up with conventional CIP

Good luck
    dick

Comment

Busting Up Mold

I'm always partial to a stiff nylon brush and Acid No. 5 from Five Star. There's nothing like a little nitric to start the day off right. And, on the plus side, the nylon brush won't wreck the finish on stainless (if there is any finish left to wreck, that is).

Bill

Comment

Working...
      X