Retail traffic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Retail traffic

Currently we are planning to build a new facility on City property. We intend to have a tasting room open possibly 7 days a week, along with a retail operation. The City is very concerned about the additional traffic we would be creating and we need to create a traffic model.

I was hoping to gather as much information from the probrewer community as I could from other breweries with retail and tasting operations. Things like:

Peak hours, # visitors, number of cars/day or at peak times... Size of retail space, hours of operation...

Any help at all would be greatly appreciated!

Cheers.

Turns out I do traffic engineering. Are you talking about a microbrewery with a tasting room and retailing for your beer, or is the retail for another use? The Institute of Transportation Engineers doesn't separate out any use that specifically fits the microbrewery discription, but if you give me some more information about the site, square footage, split between retail/tasting/production, and hours of operation I can give you an idea of the traffic generation you'd be looking at. If you send me your email I can see if I can get you an excel spreadsheet or Word document that you can take to the city planners in the format they're used to seeing.

The site info I'd need (preferably) is a site plan, if you have it, or at least a description of the layout, including other uses at the site, parking availability, and what kind of public transit (and how effective they are) options service the site, as well as if it's on a major transportation corridor.

I know it's a lot to pull together but it would make for a pretty complete picture, show them you know what you're dealing with, and give you some ammunition to negotiate with them if you need to.

Mark

Comment

Wow,

Thanks for the offer. I had stopped checking to see if anyone replied. I could definitely pull that stuff together. Where should I send it to?

--Will

Comment

Working...
      X