sourcing butterfly valve seats

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sourcing butterfly valve seats

a lot of our valves need seat replacement. i have been trying to source them to no avail. mostly 2"OD, 1.5"ID, 7/8 Depth with two holes (5/16 or 7/16? - don't remember off hand) on top and bottom for valve pin. any suggestions would be much appreciated.

-dontspoookthehorse

Try GW Kent. They have them for about $7.50 each. New butterfly valves for, like, $85.00.
    Hope this helps
    Prost!
    Dave
    Glacier Brewing Company
    406-883-2595
    info@glacierbrewing.com

"who said what now?"

Comment

Best way to Nitrogenate a beer...??

Looking for the best way to nitrogenate a beer

I have a high pressure tank rated to 45psi and I’m wondering what the best way is to nitrogenating a beer. My understanding is that the beer should be carbonated to a volume of aprox 1.8 (vol) and then introduce a mixed gas (25% co2 and 75% N2) at aprox 35-40 psi. and then let it sit for 2-3 days. My question is; Would it not be better to use a “Stout gas” (20% Co2 – 80% N2). I will also be using a 4inch carbstone during the process. I was going to filter the beer first and nitrogenate immediately afterwards. My reasoning for this is that I believe the carbonation level will be lower after filtration.

I’m thinking of using a 20% Co2-80% N2 gas mix and adding it to the beer slowly, right after filtration through a 4” carb stone until a pressure of 40psi is reached..

What I don’t understand is if I want the beer to have a 1.8 Vol of C02 why carbonate in the first place if I'm adding C02 later as part of a mixed gas ?

I will edit this post later as I don't think I have made my self clear.

Comment

Wrong Post

My apologies, I have posted the above question in the wrong location.

Comment

Working...
        X