water in and out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• water in and out

Hey, everyone. I'm a law student and a homebrewer, and I'm planning on being a pro brewer as soon as I graduate so I'm trying to make the law school experience as beer-related as possible. I'm currently writing an academic article on water resources and management as they pertain to breweries in the Eastern US, and I was hoping some of you could answer some questions to help me out.

1) Intake issues: Where do you get your water? What quantity and quality details do you require (I know the preferred makeup shifts with beer style, but what baseline do you like to come through the pipes)? If your water isn't good enough coming right out of the pipe, what treatments do you frequently use? If you were king of the world, what would you change about your incoming water?

2)Output issues: How do you dispose of your wastewater? Have you ever had issues with the quantity or quality of your wastewater? Do you ever treat it on the way out and if so, how? Are you aware of any creative disposal methods in the industry?

I would be happy to hear your personal answers to these questions as well as any answers you may have from other breweries you know of. Any directions to previously published literature on any of these subjects would also be immensely helpful. Again, this topic is constrained to the Eastern US, so answers from that region would be particularly useful.

Thanks in advance, and happy brewing.

Adam
Working...
X