Water everywhere and not a drop to drink

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Water everywhere and not a drop to drink

Just a question.... I have a leak in my roof that runs directly onto my brewplatform and into my brew kettle. Is this just a minor annoyance that i should deal with as my landlord says, or is it something i should be concerned about? Looking forward to everyone's response thanks!

Drip, drip, doh!

Oy....I would get it addressed as soon as possible. Leaks mean mold and other micro issues. While it may seem acceptable since it is only getting into the brew kettle, which will be boiled, the presence of water-especially dripping in from outdoors, versus a rinse hose with a leaky fitting-will encourage the growth of unwanted microbes that may find its way to more vulnerable areas of your brewery-say the yeast pitching equipment, filters or packaging areas, etc.

CIP is great, but there is no sense in inviting problems.

I work in QA and one of our facilities is in a building that is over 100 years old. It's a haven for troublesome bugs. There is very little opportunity for them to get into the beer or wort, but all it takes is a busy day where something is overlooked, the CIP dilution is too low, a gasket and tri-clamp is left sitting out of sanitizer for too long, or any of a variety of other little things.

I would think that the landlord would be required to take care of an issue like this.

Comment

Working...
    X