another black eye for the little'r guy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• another black eye for the little'r guy

Men's Health magazine just released the 20 most unhealthy beverages.
    Sam Adam's Light wins for unhealthiest light beer, and Sierra Nevada Pale Ale wins for unhealthiest beer. Not a big deal, but being a freelance writer, this stuff always irks me. The new "self actualized" media can't find more important things to manipulate public opinion about. They lump beer into 18 other beverage categories that couldn't hold a candle to beer's health benefits (ie. soda, Frappuccino, etc..), and ignore more mainstream beers on the market. Just my $.02

So how did they decide Sam Adams Light the unhealthiest? the 10 extra cal compared to MGD 64? Wait, it must have been at least 30 cal more huh!

But seriously though, who really cares?

Look into the number of beer advertisements in the magazine, and you will know whether its readers are beer drinkers or not.

Those I know that actually read MH are mostly corona drinking gym rats. Unfortunately I still have to call them my friends.
    Last edited by jarviw; 11-15-2008, 11:05 AM.

Comment

I think some people in the know ought to find out the criteria they used and write a reply to them. If it is strictly caloric content, then that is a false statement. So called "lite" beer is actually, potentially, more fattening than other beers simply because it is less filling, you can drink more and thereby ingest more calories.. 1 Barley wine v.s. 6 "Lite" beers... think about it. Did they mention the health benefits of dark beers? Antioxidants, etc? If not then their article is further flawed. I have been ranting about "lite" beers for about 10 years. I once did the math to see, in terms of ounces, what the true carb difference between a "lite" beer and a typical stout were. I don't remember the figure exactly, but it seems like it was something less than 1/8 of an ounce per 12oz bottle.

Comment

Working...
      X