No announcement yet.

Bag filter - hop floaties - how tight?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bag filter - hop floaties - how tight?

Hi,

We are looking at getting a stainless filter housing which holds filter bags for particle filtration. This will be used to remove hop particles from dry hopping with pellets, before our plate and frame filter, or before bottle conditioning otherwise unfiltered beers.

I am thinking 25 micron is plenty tight for this job as it will trap the hop floaties but let everything else through. Thoughts?

Nørrebro...

Evan!

Call me... have you seen the cartridge filter that we have? I use it inline when I am moving my IPA or Pale Ale to filter out the dry hops... Can give you manufacturer info, etc...

Cheers,
    Shaun e.

Comment

You guys had a bag filter when I was there... filter bag looks like a big long sock. I'm looking at getting exactly that, only smaller. Can you check the bags and see what the micron rating is? Thanks!

Comment

Sure thing. I can remember to try and look at the manufacturer tomorrow. However, I can assure you that there is no Micron Rating on the 'socks' - as I have looked for this in the past. There are several different 'sizes' that we have at the moment - fine, finer, finest, so to speak. All three work just fine for dry hop particles...
        Hey - when is the brewer's conference at your place? Looks like I'll still be in Scandinavia...

Comment

Thanks!

Conference is 29 May, would be nice if you could make it.

Comment

Working...
          X