Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Containing Kitchen grease and food

Happy New Year Probrewers!

I am having trouble in my Brewpub with the Kitchen grease and food being tracked throughout the restaurant causing extremely slippery floors in the usual traffic areas. We have stained concrete floors with a minimum grit. The grease is actually removing the stain in some areas (yes it is sealed!).

Currently we are using a floor mat and carpet runner at the entrance to the kitchen. During busy hours the kitchen floor has a lot of food debris which is cleaned up when time permits. We use a wash-n-walk product at night that uses enzymes to break down and remove the fatty grease. The problem is during operational hours while we are busy.

How are you Brewpubers dealing with this? Anyone have an effective de-greasing product that can be utilized during busy shifts? A magicial floor mat?

Help!

Cheers and hoppy beers!
    Cheers,

Brian Ford
    Auburn Alehouse
    brewmaster@auburnalehouse.com

ever looked into WHY it's so greasy and dirty on the floor?
    I assume the cook doesn't just pour frying oil on the floor for fun.

I know everyone is busy running around trying to get things done, but perhaps there are tidier way to do things?

Comment

No Doubt they could work cleaner and I am working on that with the crew, what I am looking for is a product or method of containment that I can put into place now.
      When I was in the building trade we had a sticky pad that we taped onto the floor before we entered into the building during the final stages of construction. The sticky cleared our feet of dirt and debris so we didn't track it through and over the finished surfaces. It had multiple layers and when it got packed we ripped it off and started over!
      Maybe I'll go get one of those!

Anyone else?
      Cheers,

Brian Ford
      Auburn Alehouse

Comment

We have a restaurant that leases from our family and we found a product for them that worked wonders during rush hour. It was a de-greaser that they used once or twice an evening with a mop and then moped with rinse water and then dry mopped. It probably is a pain to do and coordinate with employees and around customers but they feel it is worth it from both a safety and a clean image stand point. I'll see if I can find the product info.

Comment

That would be very much appreciated!
          Thanks in advance,
          Cheers,

Brian Ford
          Auburn Alehouse

Comment

Mop with Dawn dishwashing soap and then shop vac up the water. Very quick and easy.
            Scott Isham
            Harper's Brewpub

Comment

Thanks for the info!

Probrewers,

Thanks for the help regarding the kitchen grease.
              I found the Dawn dishsoap extremely helpful! It works. So simple.........

We also replaced our floor mats which with the mid-shift mopping has us on the right track!

Thanks again!
              Cheers,

Brian Ford
              Auburn Alehouse

Comment

Originally posted by bford
                I found the Dawn dishsoap extremely helpful! It works. So simple.........

nice to see the simple stuff work here and there!

Comment

Working...
                X