Stand pipes in brites source

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stand pipes in brites source

We rack from our fermentor to a dish bottom brite, carbonate and fine. There is a removable stand pipe insert in the bright to keep the yeast out when racking or bottling. The problem is all of our stand pipes are different lengths. Does anyone know of any off-the shelf sources or will I have to do some custom fabrication? Also does anyone fine in a dish bottom bright without a stand pipe, if so does this work well or do you get to much yeast? I am tempted not to use the stand pipe at all but just worried about getting too much yeast in the kegs. Thanks in advance for your input.

On the advice of a fellow brewer i got a piece of PVC the same size as the i.d. of a 1.5" clamp gasket, that slides into the 90° on the bottom of the tank. Used a bit of Teflon tape to secure it snugly in the 90°. Cheap and easy standpipe, it has worked well for me.
    Last edited by Jephro; 01-29-2009, 11:28 AM.
    Jeff Byrne

Comment

second

I second that idea. I worked in a 'pub' where money was not available for gadgets. We went as basic as a piece of our vinyl blow-off tube which fit nicely but ensured a snug fit with teflon tape. Problem solved. They found fining without a standpipe to be no good.
      Thanks,
      Rob

Comment

I was going to try a stainless reducing weld fitting from GW kent. We decided we did not need it so I did not get around to trying it (we fixed the filter )

Mike
        Mike Pensinger
        General Manager/Brewmaster
        Parkway Brewing Company
        Salem, VA

Comment

Working...
        X