Glycol Piping Articles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Glycol Piping Articles

Thought I would send the following links to some great articles published in the new issue of Process Cooling Magazine about Coolfit Piping, the pre-insulated ABS piping many breweries are using. The first article is about Dogfish Head Brewery's switch to Coolfit, the second is a general article about the piping.

Web-Exclusive Sidebar:
    A Cool Piping Solution for Dogfish Head

Feature Article:
    A Cool Pipe for Cold Applications

Take Care,

Jim
    Pro Refrigeration Inc.
    800.845.7781 ext 203
    Last edited by jimvgjr; 01-19-2009, 07:28 PM.

Interesting articles Jim. Those Dogfish head pictures are Crazy...wow.

matt g

Comment

Love it but....

When I priced it all out to install it with all Coolfit proprietary parts and use their recommended tooling, as pipes are not "technically" not perfect and must be dimensioned for fitting, it ended up being close to 7-9K just to hook up (4) 30 BBL tanks with the chiller being directly behind the cellar area on the outside of the building. As of now were still using heavy walled ABS and using the vinyl coated insulation. Good reads though, thanks!

Comment

I know the pricing on the Coolfit+ can be expensive. To help reduce these costs we've worked on some projects in which they've only ran the pre-insulated for the main supply and return headers. We then utilize either non-insulated ABS, Copper, or Hose for the connections to the tanks. But even then it shouldn't be considered a low cost alternative to copper. They're releasing some new fitting designs that are easier to fabricate and could reduce the price somewhat. I think Andy's point in the article is big too, labor is huge and often it is easily underestimated when comparing the total cost of Coolfit+ with copper or other.

Good Luck,

Jim

Comment

Working...
        X