Anyone bought hops from C&B?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone bought hops from C&B?

Does anyone have experience with Crosby and Baker as a hop seller? How's the quality/packaging?

I have and been happy with it. I believe thier main source is Puterbaugh Farms. I got 88# of Amarillo last year and it came in vacuum packaging just like any other.

When I owned HomeBrewUSA in Norfolk, I transitioned all our hops to C&B because I preferred the quality of them over our other supplier.

Mike
    Mike Pensinger
    General Manager/Brewmaster
    Parkway Brewing Company
    Salem, VA

Comment

Doesn't Puterbaugh sell direct, or is that just to homebrewers?

Still, might save you a buck or two...
      www.devilcraft.jp
      www.japanbeertimes.com

Comment

Originally posted by jason.koehler
        Doesn't Puterbaugh sell direct, or is that just to homebrewers?

Still, might save you a buck or two...

Puterbaugh does sell direct. That's where I get the vast majority of my hops.
        Steve Donohue
        Brewmaster
        Santa Clara Valley Brewing

Comment

First Golds

I have bought First Gold from C&B for the last three years and enjoy using them. no problems with quality or packaging.
          Nicholas Campbell

Comment

They are great to work with, ask for Denise or Dan.

Comment

I'm very grateful to the folks at Crosby & Baker. When the Great Hop Panic of '08 hit we had no contract with Hopunion (our mistake); we were pretty much screwed. Fortunately I'd bought a few boxes of imported hops from C & B in the previous couple of years so they were willing to sell us enough from their very limited supply to get us through. The prices were relatively good as well.
              Everything I've got from them is high quality and well packaged. The English hops come in 11 lb nitrogen-flushed soft packs; much easier to weigh out than the solid bricks of some domestic pellets. I checked the Puterbaugh website; their posted prices are higher than my contract price with C&B but I don't know what C&B's over-the-counter prices are, they've taken them off of their website.

Comment

Working...
              X