Carbonation Tester

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carbonation Tester

Has anyone used the Beer Carbonation tester from Foxx Equipment (pn 20E09-120)? How does it compare to a Zahm?

Mike
    Mike Pensinger
    General Manager/Brewmaster
    Parkway Brewing Company
    Salem, VA

FWIW I have a -110 and it doesn't work worth a damn. I get readings all over the place. I have correlated it against a Zahm known to be accurate and it routinely reads .6 volumes off.
    Just my 1/50th USD...
    Fighting ignorance and apathy since 2004.

Comment

I just bought one to mess with in hopes of saving some dough. I can say it's better made than I thought it would be. I seems the sample chamber is bigger than 4 Oz too, but I haven't measured. I'm unable to test it right now, so sorry I can't help.

drewseslu, Does yours read wrong the same way all the time (like always low...or high) does it read different for consecutive samples of the same beer?
      Thanks,
      Rob

Comment

Nope, all over the place. Swings of 1 volume in either direction measured right after one another.
        Fighting ignorance and apathy since 2004.

Comment

We got the ICI Carbonation Tester and it works pretty well for me. I feel like it is accurate or at least consistently inaccurate in the same way. Considering the price difference, I can't really imagine buying a Zahm. Sometimes my readings can get messed up due to the beer level varying or temperature varying; however, I taste first and then test as an idoit check.
          Brian Shaeffer
          Brewmaster
          Santa Fe Brewing
          Santa Fe, NM 87508
          970-390-4978
          bshaeffer@santafebrewing.com

Comment

Working...
          X