Wyeast 1275 not settling out...help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wyeast 1275 not settling out...help

So on my pilot system Wyeast 1275 settles out in about 4-7 days. However I brewed a 15 bbl batch for the first time with a new pitch of yeast and I have been lagering (36 degrees) this beer for over two weeks now and it is still a incredibly yeasty and nothing has settled out for me to be able to harvest.

I've also pitched finings into the tank and it has been sitting on those for 5 days now with no change.

For those of you with more experience with this yeast got any insight?

Also, if I rack some off into kegs will it settle out faster?

Thanks

From Lallemand

I am not familiar with this particular strain. But the non-settling can also be due to a contamination. Wild yeast especially can affect the flocculation ability of the production strain. Do you have a microscope, can you take a sample? Does the beer taste good, any off-flavors?

Comment

How about the use of corn ? high aju. with the english ale yeast?

Comment

This thread seemed to have disappeared as though it never existed, but now it's back. Weird. Anyway, I haven't used Wyeast 1275 commercially but it flocculates like crap for me at home. Maybe you got lucky with your pilot batches. I switched to the plain old British Ale Yeast (Wyeast 1098) for my "pilot house yeast" and life has been wonderful ever since.

Joe
        Last edited by jwalts; 03-05-2009, 11:49 AM.

Comment

Working...
        X