Canadian Malting Co.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Canadian Malting Co.

Does anyone use Malts from the Canadian Malting Co. distributed by North Country Malt. What is your experience with it and do you recomend it. The price is right and I've heard some good things.

Thanks
    Tim

It's a very good malt, especially if you're brewing american ales- if you want that fuller, breadier English vibe it could use blending with some other base malt. Maybe a little DMS prone, so make sure you've got you're rolling boil. Yes, the price is right. Start blending some in at lower % and do some taste panels to see how it stacks up!

Cheers,
    Geoff
    Geoff DeBisschop
    Evolution Craft Brewing Company
    Delmar, DE

Comment

switched to it 18 months or so ago. Love it.

Comment

canada malt

I have used it recently. For the price it is very good.

Comment

Canada

Switched a year and a half ago and have not regreted it. Fantastic malt for the price.

Comment

Thanks for the feedback. Slowly blending it into my recipe is a great idea! Anyone notice any loss in efficiency?

Cheers
            Tim

Comment

I switched from Muntons when they stopped malting ASM and my efficiency has improved greatly from that product and my conversion takes about half the time. Noticed some DMS issues in a few brews where our boil was not very vigorous.
              Last edited by dubo11; 03-11-2009, 06:58 AM.

Comment

Muntons pale is what I'm using now. Do you use a 90 min boil or just 60? Also did you notice any flovor differences in your brews?

Thanks
                Tim

Comment

I switched briefly to their pale malt. Conversion took forever no matter what temp I mashed in at and I was about a degree low on my gravities compared with ASM brews. With Canada I have reduced my grain bill and I have crystal clear run off. The flavor profile is more of an American ale, as opposed to a bready English flavor. We use a 90 minute boil for our pale ale and IPA. 120 minute boil for high gravity brews.

Comment

Working...
                  X