Cloudy beer is some kegs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cloudy beer is some kegs?

We're getting a few kegs with some cloudy, flat beer. It's only 1/2 bbl, and it's not all of them. The beer taste is not off, either.

We don't filter or pasteurize so every once in a while we'll have an issue but it's throughout an entire tank. This seems to be a few bad kegs. I was thinking the caustic didn't get rinsed out good enough when the kegs were cleaned, but I figured I'd post it here to get some other ideas.

For starters, you should check the following on some good kegs and some bad ones:

-ph, CO2, alcohol/ RE content : enough caustic in the beer will change these.

-micro counts

Anyone who commercially produces beer should have the ability to perform these tests.

Comment

What is your keg washing regime (chemicals, %'s, temperatures, purging etc.)? How long do you expect (shelf life) for an untapped keg? Have you ever acid washed your kegs?

Pax.

Liam
      Liam McKenna
      www.yellowbellybrewery.com

Comment

Thanks for the replys. We found out the kegs weren't getting rinsed enough after the caustic wash, hence not every keg. The problem has been corrected. (We killed the guilty party. JK)

Comment

Working...
        X