Electrical Help Needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Electrical Help Needed

I am in the process of setting up a 15 bbl brew pub. I have a 15 BBL step Infusion Steam Brew House and currently 3 -17 bbl fermenters with 5 -15 bbl serving tanks. I know I need 3 phase electric at the brew house but the electrician is asking what kind of load will I need. Also will the fermentors need 3 phase also or just the chillers?
    Thanks

Is your boiler electric? What is the BTU rating or HP rating on the nameplate? Does it list the amperage required? What is the rating of your pump or pumps? Will they be hard wired or portable? Are you going to be running a glycol system with a refrigeration section, if so what is the tonnage rating? Be sure to include heating/cooling, lighting and exhaust fans for the brewery. I know I'm forgetting something but that's a start.

Comment

Many threads on this, 400 amp minimum, your glycol chiller is a 60 amp circuit alone.

Comment

Just in case.................tell that electrician to look at the equipment or spec sheets and recommend to you what load you need. Make them do some research too.

Comment

In addition the other excellent advice already offered: Your fermenters will not need 3-phase power. The only electrical devices connected to them will be a temperature sensor (RTD, Thermocouple, or thermistor), a temp controller and a solenoid. Both controllers and solenoids can be either 110v or 24v (as long as they are matched).

Comment

Thanks Guys, I do have the electrical requirements on the chiller, pumps & refrigeration as well as knowing that I have 400 amp service. I guess that, excluding the boiler the only electrical consideration will be for the drive for the rake system and control pannel for the brew house.

Comment

Working...
            X