Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Keg Washer Pump Pressure?

Okay, I'm back....
    What does everyone think is an optimal pressure to blast chemicals into an inverted keg for cleaning, a.k.a. pump discharge pressure?
    Glacier Brewing Company
    406-883-2595
    info@glacierbrewing.com

"who said what now?"

Keg washing is not done with impingement cleaning. A gentle flow is all it takes. You want the CIP solution to leave the stem and cascade off the bottom and move out to the sides. To much pressure can cause a shadow on the bottom of the keg . 3-4 PSI is all it takes.

Comment

-please excuse the old thread...

Operating pressure for my unit seems to be in the 20-40psi range. Anyone else have similar experience?

Having never cracked one open, I have only my own made up idea of what the dip tube looks like in a keg. Not sure I can see how this might create a shadow at higher pressures/flow rates. Can you elaborate please?

Comment

More background on Keg cleaning

Look at the following article from KHS about background on Keg cleaning, it could be useful. http://www.khs-till.net/englisch/new..._release_6.htm

Does anybody of you guys uses a Keg monitor (e.g. Haffmans produces them) to evaluate your keg cleaning? I heard about people that used it for optimisation of the keg cleaning, and reduced 20 % of the cleaning operation costs (?!)

Comment

Agree that a slow flow is better than blasting. Just need enough pressure to overcome the internal pressure of the keg. I know one technique to clean the stem is to reduce flow of cleaner to a trickle, thereby cascading down the spear.
          Phillip Kelm--Palau Brewing Company Manager--

Comment

Edit: posted on wrong thread.

Comment

Working...
            X