Festivals in marketing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Festivals in marketing

How do festivals work in a marketing plan? The Heart of the Valley (www.hotv.org) (mid-Willamette Valley, Oregon) has been sponsoring a homebrew competition for 22 years. Last year, we added a Craft Brew Festival to celebrate our 21st year. It exceeded all projections; we planned for 1000 and got 1500, with some people turned away by the long waits. We're planning to do better this year.
    What's in it for brewers? What are reasonable investments to ask of brewers (product, raffle prizes, promotional help)? What should they expect from the festival organizers? How do you measure a successful outcome?
    “We’re your friends,” said my attorney. “We’re not like the others.” HS Thompson (1937-2005)

I have attended several smaller festivals like yours and all we ever expected was some ice, buckets for the kegs and a place to set up(with some kind of shade) the jockey box. We would always donate some POS like T-Shirts, tap handles etc...

For the brewers? If they are local or available locally it gives them the chance to interact with the customers and hopefully win over some who otherwise might not have had exposure to their product before.

Comment

Have you seen anything before/during a festival that really helped you get your brand message out to people? (e.g. festival brochures with info on participating breweries, bios of the brew staff, notable beers, brewery location/distribution, etc.) My experience is that after a festival I may/may not remember any/all the beers I drank. I can see the POS helping out, but the HOTV has a mission to foster education and information exchange in beer making. How do we do that for our Craft Brewing participants?
      “We’re your friends,” said my attorney. “We’re not like the others.” HS Thompson (1937-2005)

Comment

We have always been asked to submit a brief bio about the brewery with our location and offerings. They usually put it into a small handout for all festival attendees.

Comment

Working...
        X