Decoction mashing images

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Decoction mashing images

I was wondering any one has come across or drawn up diagrams to explain decoction mashing to the general public. I am in the process of designing our breweries website and have a section devoted to the process of making beer. Now I have explained decoction as simply as I know how but I think it would be much clearer to "see" it. My makeshift diagrams look cheap. Just need the basics, combine water and grain, divide into two parts, boil one, add back together, get hot mash. My google searches for this have come up empty (lot of temp. charts but the general public does not care about that).
    Jacob Simmons
    Backpocket Brewing
    www.backpocketbrewing.com

excel

I would try playing around with MS Excel.

Comment

I applaude your attempt to educate your drinkers. Just remember that most of them think "cold filtered" and "tripple hops brewed", along with digital watches, are innovative and neat! I think "decotion" may be way over the head of the public. Perhaps "traditional German mashing" might stick? Or do what the macros do "Tripple Mashed"!!
      Brewmaster, Minocqua Brewing Company
      tbriggs@minocquabrewingcompany.com
      "Your results may vary"

Comment

Tripled Mashed.... maybe that will be our first add campaign. Haha. Maybe it is too much but from my tours I find people really want to know what is going on, not the "look at the shiny tank, see how big and shiny it is, now lets go look at the Clydesdales". We will see. The site is www.einfachbeer.com. My pics are clearly the weak link.
        Jacob Simmons
        Backpocket Brewing

Comment

I like the name!

Comment

Although, does "unpretentious simplicity" apply to a brewery that does decoction mashes? I would not consider that simplified in any way.

Comment

Ya, as far as mashing goes simplicity does not exactly work. But for the final beers it is right on. No name is perfect.
              Jacob Simmons
              Backpocket Brewing

Comment

Working...
              X