Oxygen Flowmeter Recommendation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oxygen Flowmeter Recommendation

Anyone have a recommendation/source for a flowmeter for oxygen in a 15-bbl system for use during wort aeration to keep amount of oxygen consistent?

Simply ensure you have an accurately controlled pressure on the gas supply, and use a rotameter specifically calibrated for use with oxygen. I have used this set up for both oxygenation and CO2 injection without any problem. The key is keeping the wort pressure and the oxygen / air supply pressure constant so you can calculate the mass of gas added. Oh yes and of course the wort flow has to be constant as well to save continuously adjusting.

If you want an automated system, you are talking thousands.

And make sure the gas supply system is capable of being sterilised. If using a rotatmeter, do not pass steam through it as it will damage it at worst, and at best, is liable cause the float to stick.

Look up rotamaters or gas flow measurement on the internet for local sources.
    dick

Comment

Anyone have a recommendation/source for a flowmeter for oxygen in a 15-bbl system for use during wort aeration to keep amount of oxygen consistent?
      For my personal home setup I use a Dwyer adjustable rotameter.

Flow meter

And make sure the gas supply system is capable of being sterilised. If using a rotatmeter, do not pass steam through it as it will damage it at worst, and at best, is liable cause the float to stick.
      I use a HEPA filter at the flow meter out side.

Flow meter with filter

Cheers,
      ClaudiusB
      Last edited by ClaudiusB; 08-09-2009, 01:21 PM.
      My setup:http://photobucket.com/ClaudiusB

Comment

Working...
      X