how to find the right employee

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how to find the right employee

I'm having a heck of a time finding the right person to hire. I've been through 3 sales people in the last 2 years and none lasted more than a month or so.

I desperately need a part time sales/delivary/warehouse/jack of all person but can't seem to find one. Any suggestions as to were to look?

thanks in advance

When you figure that one out, your book will make more money than the beer!

Comment

I suppose you should just get the word out about the fact that you are looking. Come up with a very detailed job description, so that any potential candidate can't say that he didn't know what was expected of him.

As far as other sources of finding people, Craigslist is surely the way to go, but you will get spam and buffoons.

Comment

hire

Any idea why you lost the last 3? If a position keeps turning over I'd have to point at the position...or the employer as at least most of the problem. All other things being equal, people stay at jobs that they like...that usually includes a clearly defined description, good feedback, development, and competitive pay.

You seem to be hiring a 'guy' that'll do everything. That usually doesn't get you a sales professional. It gets you a driver that'd Really Love to Work at a Brewery. Not a recipe for success I'm afraid.
        Larry Horwitz

Comment

Working...
        X