Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What do you consider to be a good keg account?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What do you consider to be a good keg account?

Wondering what everyone would consider to be a good customer in terms of kegs per week?
    Jeremy

Island Brewing Co.
    Fiji Islands
    www.isbrew.com

bad measure

a good account isn't one that sells a measured amount of beer....it's one that is loyal to your brand and keeps you on tap! That being said, it'd be nice if they sold one every couple of weeks at least so it'll stay fresh.
    Larry Horwitz

Comment

What Larry said. A good account is one that calls to tell you a swill keg blew and they want to add a second keg of yours.
      Cheers & I'm out!
      David R. Pierce
      NABC & Bank Street Brewhouse
      POB 343
      New Albany, IN 47151

Comment

I agree with Larry and David both. Numerically, a good account goes through a 1/2 bbl keg in 3 or 4 weeks, or a sixtel every week.

However, other good accounts include the ones that will keep your beer on tap even if it takes 6 weeks to go through a keg, the ones who will wait patiently when you run out of beer and can't get them another keg for a day or two, the ones who pair your beer with their menu items or use your beer in a recipe (I found out our amber ale makes a killer addition to French onion soup), the ones who are happy to see you every week and don't treat you like just another damn sales rep and the ones who are ballsy enough to replace a Miller Lite tap with your beer just to give it a shot.

At this stage of our company (nearly two years old), anyone who puts our beer on tap or our bottles on their shelves is a good account, brother.
        Mike Hiller, Head Brewer
        Strangeways Brewing
        2277-A Dabney Road
        Richmond, VA 23230
        804-303-4336
        www.strangewaysbrewing.com

Comment

Working...
        X