Hop pellets in the glass?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hop pellets in the glass?

Lately a couple of self styled "hop heads" have been asking me for a couple of pellets so they can drop them in their beer at the bar! I have obliged, and they swear by it. Has anyone else had this phenomenon? They apparently don't mind the green porridge left at the bottom. Hey, whatever spins your crank

hopheads

If they buy your beer, let them have it.

Comment

You could put them in a little stainless tea ball (for steeping loose leaf tea) to avoid the sludge.

God bless the hop heads.

Pax.

Liam
      Liam McKenna
      www.yellowbellybrewery.com

Comment

what's next?

a cone in each nostril?

Comment

Careful...it's a slippery slope; they could end up freebasing tetrahop

Comment

I can hear Sam Calagione's PainRelievaz singing
            Depeche Mode's "My Own Personal Randall"
            cheers
            MikeMcG

Comment

Hop Cones

If you can get uncompressed dried hop cones from your hop broker or a hop farmer you can put a cone or two in the glass as a garnish .

Maybe you should build them a Randal .

The home of America's Oldest Homebrew Club dedicated to teach folks how to brew beer and enjoy beer. Located in the Los Angeles area
              Last edited by matthendry; 12-01-2009, 09:31 AM.

Comment

Bert Grant (RIP) was famous for carrying around a bottle of hop oil which he would add to any beer, craft or macro, usually without even trying the beer first.
                -Lyle C. Brown
                Brewer
                Camelot Brewing Co.

Comment

Originally posted by beerking1
                  Bert Grant (RIP) was famous for carrying around a bottle of hop oil which he would add to any beer, craft or macro, usually without even trying the beer first.
                  I remember when Hop Essesces first came out on the market and I was sent several sample bottles to try out and we would go to the pub and add a drop of Spicy or Floral to macro beer to evaluate the essences and have a cheap night ...

Comment

Originally posted by beerking1
                    reportedly Bert did this due to an accident that caused him to lose the ability to taste Bitter that is why he did it to every beer he drank even before he tasted it

Laughing Dog

Comment

I worked at a brew pub that had an IPA called Hop Top. Each pint was served with a tea bag full of hops. It was fun until you had to stuff all the tea bags with hops by hand!

Comment

Hmmm. I bet there is a business opportunity here. Perhaps Celestial Seasonings next tea variety? Doesn't hurt that one of the shift managers is a former Kona and then Great Divide brewer.
                        -Lyle C. Brown
                        Brewer
                        Camelot Brewing Co.

Comment

Working...
                        X