Perlite

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Perlite

I am looking for a good source for perlite grades 3 and 7. I recently ordered some from my malt supplier but they only had grade 7 and are in between suppliers at the moment. I am near the west coast. Also I did use the 7 a couple of times with good results as the body feed in combo with STD grade DE pre coat. I have heard from a few people that it is sometimes hard to achieve brilliant beer with only perlite and that they use DE in small amounts for the pre coat. Any observations of this phenomena. I would like to switch completely to Perlite if possible.
    Big Willey
    "You are what you is." FZ

Perlite/Filtration

Big Willey says:
    Perlite
    I am looking for a good source for perlite grades 3 and 7. I recently ordered some from my malt supplier but they only had grade 7 and are in between suppliers at the moment. I am near the west coast. Also I did use the 7 a couple of times with good results as the body feed in combo with STD grade DE pre coat. I have heard from a few people that it is sometimes hard to achieve brilliant beer with only perlite and that they use DE in small amounts for the pre coat. Any observations of this phenomena. I would like to switch completely to Perlite if possible.

Mid-America Brewing Supply has both grades: http://www.midamericabrewing.com/Fil...&WaterTmts.pdf

The source that sent me my first samples of Perlite and represented themselves as the supplier to Mid-Am. suggested against using DE & Perlite in the same filter run. Why? Can't remember just know I've not had a problem since switching.

Click on search Discussions above and input Perlite as your search. You'll see the original thread DE v. Perlite.

Cheers,
    David
    Cheers & I'm out!
    David R. Pierce
    NABC & Bank Street Brewhouse
    POB 343
    New Albany, IN 47151

Comment

Working...
    X