Consolidation: Good for craft?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Consolidation: Good for craft?

Our main distributor is merging with the AB house here in CT. We use AB houses in other markets with no issue, but the AB sales force here only knows how to sell AB products. I'm not concerned, but consolidation seems to be the trend, what does this mean for the craft industry. I know some distributors are just "brand collectors", whereas others have a large portfolio and all the brands seem to move. Just looking for thoughts, not tirades (because I have a bunch).

CT laws

Can you still self distribute in CT (if you wanted to)? Do you know if CT is a franchise state?
    Josh Jayne
    Center Hill Craft Brewing
    West Haven, CT

Comment

You can self distribute in CT. However, most of the draft lines are controlled by the distros. CT has some of the strongest franchise laws in the country, we had to go in front of the liquor control board to get out of a contract with a distro.

Comment

If merging, are any of the sales reps that already know your brand and maybe are craft savvy going to be retained? Maybe the new house wants to embrace craft and just didn't have the experience? Seems like a good way for them to take on craft and still sell their AB brands? Just wondering...no real answers but no gripes!

Comment

Working...
        X