Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Stromburg? Premier Stainless? ABT? NABS?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stromburg? Premier Stainless? ABT? NABS?

Can anyone recommend a brewery manufacturer? Which companies have better equipment ratings for things such as brewhouses, FV's, and BBT's? Shoppng for a 30 BBL as we speak.

I have Both Premier Stainless and Bavarian Tanks here
    happy with both
    Like the Premier a little better as its has multiple cooling Zones and are a bit bigger as for head space

Laughing Dog

Comment

Second for Premier, Rob was easy to deal with, did everthing he said he would, and delivered a beautiful product when he said he would. He worked with us on finding a design that would fit our needs as well.
      Joel Halbleib
      Partner / Zymurgist
      Hive and Barrel Meadery
      6302 Old La Grange Rd
      Crestwood, KY
      www.hiveandbarrel.com

Comment

Bought an entire brewery from Stromberg. We've been working this equipment for over two years now and we haven't had a single problem. Not one. The equipment showed up late and we had a snag or two during the install, but everything worked out well.
        Mike Hiller, Head Brewer
        Strangeways Brewing
        2277-A Dabney Road
        Richmond, VA 23230
        804-303-4336
        www.strangewaysbrewing.com

Comment

I've worked with a lot of systems...

Gotta say that at the big end I liked the DME and JVNW brew vessels. As far as fermenters and brites, I was partial to Stromberg and Interior Stainless.

Depends on what you like in a system. Personally, I like to have machined or perforated plates in the lauter, as oppose to the more common v-wire. I also like to have a deep well in the kettle, unless I'm using a seperate whirlpool.
          Rungs in the kettle are nice, but they are harder to clean.

All the main companies have good welds and good finish...most of the rest can be specified. If I was shopping for a new system I'd probably talk to DME.

I wish Century were still around...

FWIW, my mishmash of opinion :-P

nat

Comment

Premier Stainless here...

We've got a 15bbl brewhouse and 7x30 bbl fermenters and 6x15 bbl brites plus a 3 station semi automatic keg washer...all from Rob at Premier Stainless.

We've made a few mods on his designs..and he's been great to work with.
            He delivers a quality product - on time - no monkey business..

If you have questions email info at capecodbeer dot com

Cheers
            Beth & Todd Marcus
            Cape Cod Beer

Comment

Premier

We own a 20bbl brewhouse with hlt,clt and seperate whirlpool. Rob is a straight shooter and runs his business like a top. I very happy with his systems and its my third one from him. I received multiple quotes from other companies and he seems to offer the best price. all the support and cad layout is a bonus as well. Email me if you have any questions

Josh Brewer
              josh@motherearthbrewing.com

Comment

We have a couple of Premiere's systems and have been very pleased. Rob is great to work with and delivery and installation was very timely.

Comment

No manufacturers in the US?

Looks like most equipment is made in Canada, China, or Germany? Are there no manufacturers in the US?

Comment

Originally posted by BierFrau
                    Looks like most equipment is made in Canada, China, or Germany? Are there no manufacturers in the US?
                    Mueller out of Springfield, MO.. Excellent stuff but expect to pay premium. I have see some custom stuff they have done, and even worked with one custom kettle that was pretty solid (except for the the fact the previous owner dry-fired it )

Premier is solid stuff too, Rob is a great guy to work with.
                    Last edited by Jephro; 02-02-2010, 12:54 PM.
                    Jeff Byrne

Comment

Pss

In our third year on a 15x30bbl Premier. Not a single problem. You won't go wrong with Rob. They've also recently updated their website and some of their new systems are cool enough to make me drool.

Taylor
                      Blue Mountain Brewery

Comment

Working with Rob

We haven't purchased our system from Rob at PSS yet, but we have really enjoyed working with him on the design of the entire brewery. He's been really helpful.

I haven't actually made much contact with Stromberg, but that's because they never gave me a call-back. I emailed them 2x and called them 2x to request information, and I never heard from them. That was enough to make us not want to use them.

Comment

Pbst???

Originally posted by jeffyoung898
                          I haven't actually made much contact with Stromberg, but that's because they never gave me a call-back. I emailed them 2x and called them 2x to request information, and I never heard from them. That was enough to make us not want to use them.
                          I experienced the same problem with Stromberg, however they did respond to me with a quote almost 3 weeks after I asked them for a build out. Since then, they are responding frequently and working with what I am going for.

Through these postings, it's obvious that Premier is the favored... good work Rob. Anyone familiar with Frank Ma at PBST??? I have found some posts discussing their tanks but these posts are over a year or two old and this is a fairly new company. I have spoke with some breweries who use PBST and they all have had good results. Small hiccups here and there but overall, they feel he does good work. Just curious if anyone else has a recommendation on them.

I too am looking at building out a 30/40bbl system and placing the order in a few weeks so any thoughts would be great to hear on a company to go through.

Comment

Contact Dan @ Buckbean Brewing in Reno Nevada they have a 30Bbl PBST system. I purchased a Condensor unit from PBST, the delivery and follow up service from Frank was excellent.

Comment

Cannot fault Rob @ Premier Stainless

Last year we bought a 7 BBL from Rob. We have no other experiences to compare it with, but when you get everything that was promised and A1 quality, it could posssbly be matched. How could it be beaten.
                              Cool Springs Brewery, Franklin TN

Comment

Working...
                              X