Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

No Longer Self Distrubution in PA (House Bill 291)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No Longer Self Distrubution in PA (House Bill 291)

I thought that many of you might find this interesting. Hopefully many of you small self distributing Pennsylvania brewers are aware of this. Very frustrating the more I learn and understand the liquor laws in this state the more I realize that our state is run by a bunch of monkeys........ the only good thing about our liquor law in this state is the ability to self distribute and they want to change it. WTF!

http://www.wgal.com/news/22350132/detail.html

Edit: Ok OK there is still a provision to self distribute as long as you produce under (see Line 1 of Page 9) 75,000 bbls and use your own vehical to deliver the goods.

I still think that Pa is run by a bunch of monkeys!

http://www.legis.state.pa.us/CFDOCS/...r=0291&pn=2326
    Last edited by millerag; 01-29-2010, 08:58 PM.
    Cheers!
    -Alan

Chin Up

I feel your pain... (you just can't convey the Clinton accent with text)

I have been working in Iowa beer for three years now, and I was pretty convinced that we were going to be stuck with some dumb-ass beer laws forever. When it comes down to it, though, its all about the voters taking an interest in their beer. It has given me hope to think that we might be slowly evolving out of the poo-flinging phase and into the light of the New Beer Order (sadly, that phrase just didn't have the panache I was looking for).

Anyway, just keep plugging away at the monkeys; eventually they have to see the light.

Cheers,
    Bill

Comment

You must call/write/visit your legislator to explain why these laws damage you. Mostly they are about bigger things than you.
      Get all your state's breweries to contact their legislators, and next get all your and their customers to contact. If you don't exert pressure, only the big players with their monopolistic agendas will be schmoozing the legislators.
      Deliver a case of beer to your legislators with a nice note begging that if such a law were to pass that this brewery in your state would have to go out of business.
      Legislators listen to squeaky wheels, and mostly AB-InBev, or other big hitters will be very squeaky.

Comment

Yes, the bill allows small breweries (under 75k bbl/yr, both in-state and out-of-state) to distribute directly.

However a recent ruling in a federal court in Mass. has put ALL special benefits based on size at risk. Think small brewer excise tax breaks, tax credits, distribution rights, etc.

Read about it here:

Comment

Working...
        X