Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brewery Floors

Hello -

I've been wondering if anyone is using any sort of floor sanitizer on their brewery floors... Powder, liquid, or otherwise.

I brew in Baltimore's first BrewPub, and the floors are showing their age through multiple cracks and crevices. I'm sure the owners will not spring for a floor replacement, so I'm just looking for a quick cheap fix. Any ideas?

Thanks!

Brian

We mop with 7 oz chlorine bleach to 1 gallon of cool water.
    Bottoms Up!

Comment

Any Quatenary ammonia product will also work and it has a goood residual effect as well. Bleach is cheap and easy though.
      Big Willey
      "You are what you is." FZ

Comment

I used to use a bleach solution, too, and found using a hose-end sprayer (they sell them for gardening use) worked well for getting it into hard-to-reach places. Worked great on the bottoms of tanks, too!

Cheers, Tim

Comment

Originally posted by tarmadilo
          I used to use a bleach solution, too, and found using a hose-end sprayer (they sell them for gardening use) worked well for getting it into hard-to-reach places. Worked great on the bottoms of tanks, too!

Cheers, Tim
          I too used a garden sprayer attached to the hose. I would add quat to it, spray down the floor and then deck brush it.

Comment

The garden sprayer then deck brush/concrete brush will do wonders for your floor. The first time I did it it looked like I had new tile!
            Big Willey
            "You are what you is." FZ

Comment

Great ideas - thanks!

I will be trying out the bleach, garden hose sprayer, and cement brush.

Comment

Working...
              X