sanke kegs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sanke kegs

I am a start-up kegging beer for my own brew pub. I do not have capacity for tanks, I am brewing on a 1/2 barrel brew magic. My question is about sixtel sanke kegs vs corny's as far cleaning. How are sanke kegs cleaned, what special equipment is necessary? What else should I consider?
    Also I just stumbled upon plastic kegs, has anyone used these, are they a viable alternative? I am a little wary.

thanks

I have never dealt with the sanke, I think the Corney would be the way to go as long as your not planning on distributing kegs.

Comment

You need a keg filler / cleaner setup either from gw kent or st pats of texas or anyone else that might sell one. they are one unit thats capable of doing both to a degree anyway.
      I have plastic and SS kegs, and it is exactly what you already think, the plastic kegs work and are a good bit cheaper, and the the SS kegs are more expensive but will last much longer. I would say if you could find used (good condition) SS kegs, go with those. they are very hard to come by though.
      if you are just a brewpub only, I would agree that you should probably just stick to cornies and leave the sanke stuff till you start distributing (if you can do that in your state.....)
      www.beerontheriver.com

Comment

Working...
      X