CO2 backflow preventers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CO2 backflow preventers

Can anyone reccomend a good backflow preventer to put inline in the CO2 system? Something to go before the quick connect on each tank. Also are there any good inline filters for CO2? Thanks.
    Big Willey
    "You are what you is." FZ

Foxx equpment sells stainless steel backflow preventers.
    Zach Henry
    St. Elias Brewing company
    Soldotna, AK
    www.steliasbrewingco.com

Comment

I've been pretty unhappy with standard ball & spring type check valves in the past, as they can allow backflow under the right conditions. Anything I set up for the future will include a Thomas type valve (like on the gas line of a Sankey coupler), but I suspect this will require a bit of creativity to assemble the right pieces for it all to work.

Comment

Check valves are what you need. Should have one at the end of every branch before the usage point. I use these 1/4" NPT fittings on 3/8" tubing for my current small plant. Filter is optional--never had a problem with CO2 being dirty. Try McMaster-Carr part numbers 7768K22 and 5757K67.
        Phillip Kelm--Palau Brewing Company Manager--

Comment

Thanks Gitchegumee, just what I needed.

Gabe, I used to have something like your looking for. They were here when I started. Looked like a little white plastic top with inlet outlet barbs. Some type of rubber diaphram inside I think. I'll try an see if I can track them down. I wouldnt use them as the only check as they were not super rugged but they would be good before a spring check for backup.
          Big Willey
          "You are what you is." FZ

Comment

I know those...!

Big Willey,

I think those are what we had in Asia!

I've found them sold here for motorcycle fuel quick disconnects. There is a flappy diaphragm just inside which can hold a surprising amount of pressure.

That said, I use an oversize check valve made for helium systems (I used to be an HP gas tech) that I sleeve down. Beaucoup work for a check valve, but I'm a little a*al retentive with that kind of thing.

Nat

Comment

Working...
            X